[gccsdk] Building package gettext

Jan-Jaap van der Geer jjvdgeer at inbox.com
Sun Nov 22 07:12:06 PST 2009

I've noticed some changes recently in various packages where copying a
skeleton appdir to the packagedirectory is left to a routine
ab_create_app. As I do things like that in some of my packages, I
thought I'd follow suit and do this myself. I thought I'd start with
LibGee. I did not get this working however, and cannot see how it works
in the package gettext either.

The original code in setvars of gettext was:

  # Developer package
  AD=$D/libgettext-dev/Apps/Library/!LibGetText
  mkdir -p $AD

This is now:

  ab_create_app LibGetText Apps/Library

It seems to me ab_create_app does not take into account the situation
where more than one package is being build by using AB_PACKAGES.

However, as far as I can see, this will result in the skeleton package
being copied to $D/Apps/Library instead of
$D/libgettext-dev/Apps/Library.

I tried to test this myself, but unfortunately I cannot get one of the
dependencies of gettext to compile: coreutils:

checking for fs_info.h... no
checking for BEOS mounted file system support functions... no
checking whether it is possible to resort to fread on /etc/mnttab... no
configure: error: could not determine how to read list of mounted file
systems
Autobuilder: Running make command: /home/jjvdgeer/env/ro-make
There seems to be no Makefile in this directory.
You must run ./configure before running `make'.

This seems to be caused by:

configure:26425: checking for fs_info.h
configure:26425: result: no
configure:26435: checking for BEOS mounted file system support functions
configure:26444: result: no
configure:26456: checking whether it is possible to resort to fread
on /etc/mnttab
configure:26465: /home/jjvdgeer/cross/bin/arm-unknown-riscos-cpp
-isystem /home/jjvdgeer/env/include conftest.c
conftest.c:275:20: error: mnttab.h: No such file or directory
configure:26465: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
<snip rest>

Not sure where to go from here.