[gccsdk] Building package gettext

Peter Naulls peter at chocky.org
Sun Nov 22 09:08:50 PST 2009

Jan-Jaap van der Geer wrote:
> I've noticed some changes recently in various packages where copying a
> skeleton appdir to the packagedirectory is left to a routine
> ab_create_app. As I do things like that in some of my packages, I
> thought I'd follow suit and do this myself. I thought I'd start with
> LibGee. I did not get this working however, and cannot see how it works
> in the package gettext either.
>
> The original code in setvars of gettext was:
>
>   # Developer package
>   AD=$D/libgettext-dev/Apps/Library/!LibGetText
>   mkdir -p $AD
>
> This is now:
>
>   ab_create_app LibGetText Apps/Library

There are certain assumptions with this short cut, but look at the fixed
version.  Also look at libjpeg.  The hack here is that you need to
do 'rm -rf $A' once you create the first package.

> configure:26456: checking whether it is possible to resort to fread
> on /etc/mnttab
> configure:26465: /home/jjvdgeer/cross/bin/arm-unknown-riscos-cpp
> -isystem /home/jjvdgeer/env/include conftest.c
> conftest.c:275:20: error: mnttab.h: No such file or directory

Obviously, this is needs updating.  Hopefully it is simple.

On another note, Debian is moving its source packages to a 'quilt'
setup, so there will need to be changes to accommodate those in the
autobuilder when pulling source.