[gccsdk] Bug in exception handling in GCC4

alan buckley alan_baa at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 23 05:21:27 PST 2009

I've managed to reduce the code sample I posted
a while ago about a crash in the GCC4 compiler
to a lot fewer lines.

The below program will crash rather than
successfully catch the thrown exception.

The line that seems to cause the error is

char buffer[size];

If I comment out the line it works correctly.

#include <iostream>
void throw_test()
{
 std::cout << "in throw test" << std::endl;
 unsigned int size = 2;
 throw 1;
 char buffer[size];
}
int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
 try
 {
  throw_test();
 } catch(int err)
 {
  std::cout << "Got thrown int as expected\n" << std::endl;
 }
}

Is there anyone who can have a look at this for me?
I got no response from the previous example, but hopefully
I've reduced the example to be small enough so someone
can have a quick look at it.

Regards,
Alan