[gccsdk] Building package gettext

Jan-Jaap van der Geer jjvdgeer at inbox.com
Mon Nov 23 10:09:48 PST 2009

On Sun, 2009-11-22 at 12:19 -0800, Peter Naulls wrote:
> Jan-Jaap van der Geer wrote:
> > This adds a third parameter to ab_create_app to indicate which
> > package.
> > This worked for me, although I'm not really sure if it is OK to add
> > third parameter when the second one can be empty. I've not seen that
> > kind of ab_create_app commands though, so I'm not sure if it is
> > relevant.

> You'd want to nest such a check, since unless someone explicitly put
> "" as a parameter, you'd never get an empty second parameter but
> non-empty 3rd one.

Well, my reasoning was that all current packages that use ab_create_app
will either have one or two parameters. So by adding a third it could be
used there where appropriate, if it is using two parameters. Since you'd
have to change the code to make use of it, this wouldn't really be a
problem, you'd only use it if it makes sense.

Since you seem to confirm that you actually can call it with "" to
indicate an empty second parameter and a non-empty third parameter, I
don't see why there is a problem.

>   But I'm not certain how this helps.  There is
> some other trickery in the scripts, such as looking for !Boot
> files based on 'find', which can get upset.  I will have to revisit
> this.

It seems to me this finding of !Boot and !Run files is based on $A which
would be correct in any case.

> Also, for the vala package creation, you really want to do a copy
> instead of a move - the reason is that we want to try and retain
> the files when we pack the source up.

Hm. It started out as copy - which I changed to move after a suggestion
from you :). Maybe I misunderstood something.

I'll change it back.

Cheers,
Jan-Jaap