[gccsdk] Further ArcEm development (or not)

Peter Naulls peter at chocky.org
Wed Oct 7 05:32:53 PDT 2009

Ian Jeffray wrote:
> Peter,
>
> You said:
>  > If I
>> was so obviously cast in the mold for which are you
>> insisting for me, then I would have just moved it, no
>> questions asked.
>
> Should you do so, and I'm fairly sure you will,

It's your prerogative to believe this, but whether I do or not
is based upon more than just your opinion, but rather the
practicalities of the project, and what other contributors think.

I still don't know if we should be linking to your page or not.
I have to assume the port has been lost (i.e, my overall fear
here) and that the link should be removed.  This alone would
justify my concern.

> I will simply
> open up a new SF project to put the source back in the public
> domain where it belongs.

You are trying to frame the argument by suggesting it would no
longer be in the public domain if it moved, which is certainly
not true.

If the consensus is an insistence is that it remains at SF,  then
that'll be done.  Still, it needs some kind of conclusion, unless
there really is on going development.