[gccsdk] GCC native compile freeze

Jan-Jaap van der Geer jjvdgeer at inbox.com
Thu Sep 3 14:50:44 PDT 2009

> I just build a (static) native compiler from the latest sources but
> got trouble while trying to use it on my Iyonix. On several
> occasions it froze the whole machine.

> I managed to provoke it with the simple command:
>
> gcc --help -v

Forget about this, I think. Today, I build a shared library compiler which worked fine. Just before turning my machine off, I tried the above command after doubleclicking the static !gcc, but no problem occured. Not sure what is happening, but it looks like the problem went away somehow.

Maybe something somewhere was loading a out-of-date module or something. Maybe I'll investigate some more this weekend.

Cheers,
Jan-Jaap