[gccsdk] Firefox (threaded2) locks up when viewing ppt attachment in Google mail

Paul Stewart paulstewart at phawfaux.co.uk
Mon Sep 7 11:32:11 PDT 2009

In message <4AA54EDC.9040500 at chocky.org>

> Paul Stewart wrote:
>> Firefox locks up when viewing powerpoint attachment in Google mail.

> I *presume* you mean the version I just posted, but it remains
> imperative that I have exact details as part of the bug report.
> I now see that you did actually put that in the subject, but it is good
> practice to put the complete details in the body, since it often
> happens that the subject can be obscured for whatever reason.

Will ensure I do this in the future.

>> Steps to reproduce problem
>> Sign into Google mail
>> Open a mail that contains a Powerpoint file
>> Click View to view the file
>> Firefox locks up at this point
>> This results in resetting the whole system.

> How do you know - did you try Alt-Break, or did
> the mouse stop moving, etc?

Mouse and clock stopped moving.  Alt-Break did not work.  Had to use
the reset button, to restart my A9home.

> If you want, you can send a PPT file to pnaulls at gmail.com,
> so I can try and repeat this.
On it's way.

Just attempted to sign back in to Google Mail with Firefox Threaded2.
Firefox started to lookup the website, then quit.  At the same time
Organsier 2.04 generated a "Sprite does not exist error", not logged
in Syslog.

Stderr attached.

Will reboot and try again with Google Mail.

Regards
--
Paul Stewart -  Far Bletchley, Milton Keynes, England.
(msn:paulstewart at phawfaux.co.uk)