[gccsdk] [GCCSDK commit] jjvdgeer - r4136 - trunk/autobuilder/develop/vala

Jan-Jaap van der Geer jjvdgeer at inbox.com
Mon Sep 28 15:29:26 PDT 2009

On Mon, 2009-09-28 at 13:00 -0700, Peter Naulls wrote:
> Right now, the Vala build assumes a native installed valac, which is
> used during the build.  This is perhaps ok, but it might make more sense
> to bootstrap it (since it's not something people would normally have) -
> that is, do a native build from the sources, save the binary, then the
> cross build.   We do similarly for the orbit2 build, and a couple of
> other things.

That sounds like a good idea. I experimented a bit with this, I
basically copied that what was done in orbit2. But as the vala sources
are patched, trying to build the native valac now also requires valac,
so I need to compile the code *before* the RISC OS patches are applied.
How can I accomplish that?

I put in this to the valac setvars:

"
# Build vala compiler natively:
CC=/usr/bin/gcc ./configure $AB_CONFLAGS --disable-shared
--enable-static
make
cp compiler/valac $GCCSDK_INSTALL_ENV/bin

make clean
"

Cheers,
Jan-Jaap