[gccsdk] Test version GCCSDK GCC 4.1.1 Rel1 Development

John Tytgat John.Tytgat at aaug.net
Sun Jul 4 12:54:39 PDT 2010

For those not really monitoring what the latested GCCSDK development changes
are:

We've recently merged our SharedCLibrary stubs into UnixLib, allowing
a richer (Unix based) API for SharedCLibrary users (including module usage).
Note this does not mean all UnixLib functionality is available but some
bits, like this allowed us to have C++ and network (TCP/IP) support back
for SCL users.

The binutils (assembler, linker, etc) we're using got upgraded from 2.17 to
2.20.1 (released March 2010) which now has decent support for ARMv7
architecture (like the Beagleboard).

Also GCC itself got upgraded from 4.1.1 to 4.1.2 which brings us a whole
set of bug fixes done by the GCC community in their 4.1 development.
Also a couple of nice bug fixes were done in UnixLib and our RISC OS ARM
backend in GCC.

There is a test version available of all this at
<URL:http://www.riscos.info/downloads/gccsdk/testing/>.  By all means,
please play with this and report bugs/problems/remarks and... successes.
If this turns out to be stable, I would propose to release this in 6 weeks
time (mid August).