[gccsdk] Simple Autobuilder example

Chris Gransden chrisg at care4free.net
Sun Sep 12 11:14:44 PDT 2010

In article <5155ac5431gcc-sub at aconet.nl>,
   Frank de Bruijn <gcc-sub at aconet.nl> wrote:
>  checking for arm-unknown-riscos-gcc... /home/riscos/gccsdk/env/arm-unknown-riscos-gcc
>  checking whether the C compiler works... no
>  configure: error: in `/home/riscos/gccsdk/build/dpkg/dpkg-1.15.8.4':
>  configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables
>  See `config.log' for more details
>  Autobuilder: Running make command: /home/riscos/gccsdk/env/ro-make
>  Autobuilder: No known build method
>  Package dpkg: ***Failure***
>  Dependency "dpkg" failed for wget
>  Build for package "wget" failed

I should have mentioned it works if you've got all the libraries installed
already. A  '../autobuilder/build-libs -a' first with the following in
build-setvars. Changing the path to whereever you've installed the
autobuilder. This takes a long time, 2 hours or more, but saves poking
around in failure logs later.

GCCSDK_INSTALL_CROSSBIN=/opt/gccsdk/cross/bin
GCCSDK_INSTALL_ENV=/opt/gccsdk/env
RO_SHAREDLIBS=yes
AB_ELFBUILD=yes

Then build any applications with RO_SHAREDLIBS=no.

> I have placed the config.log and some of the configuration files in
> http://www.aconet.org/temp/dpkg-fail.zip if anyone is interested. This
> is just for your information. I currently don't have the time to try to
> find out exactly what is wrong (I doubt I'd get any further than last
> time anyway) and I don't expect anyone else to either.

The failure you're getting is due to 'gettext' not being installed in the
autobuilder. A '../autobuilder/build -v gettext' should do the trick.

Chris.