[gccsdk] !PDF

Dr Peter Young pnyoung at ormail.co.uk
Tue Feb 22 10:46:04 PST 2011

On 22 Feb 2011  Chris Gransden <chrisg at care4free.net> wrote:

> In article <61107ba951.pnyoung at pnyoung.ormail.co.uk>,
>    Dr Peter Young <pnyoung at ormail.co.uk> wrote:

>> I am a very average, non-technically-minded user, and am very grateful
>> that this invaluable app is being so regularly updated. I've tried
>> several fairly elaborate pdf files with the new alpha version, and all
>> except one have rendered excellently. One file renders with some text
>> missing, and with the wrong coloured background; it renders fine in
>> 3.02.1.22. And, yes, I did copy over the gsfonts directory. Also,
>> saving the relevant file's page as a sprite produces nothing but a
>> black rectangle!

> I've uploaded another new version (3.02.1.23alpha4) here,
> http://www.cgransden.co.uk/PDFtest.zip. Hopefully this should fix the
> problem with certain PDFs where the colours are wrong.

Many thanks, and that has made the missing text visible too! It's also
cured the sprite export problem. A very useful bonus. I'd also
discovered similar problems in a couple of downloaded manuals, but on
a cursory glance they seem to have been cured too.

>> Is it worth sending this file, or posting a URL pointing to it, in
>> case it helps to diagnose why?

> Emailing or a URL is fine. There are a lot of weird PDFs out there.
> Thanks.

No longer needed, unless I discover some more rogue files.

With best wishes,

Peter.

--
Peter   \  /      zfc Lu     \     Prestbury, Cheltenham,  Glos. GL52
and      \/ __            __  \                              England.
        /  \__/ \_/ | \| \__/   \______________ pnyoung at ormail.co.uk