[gccsdk] Disable Suffix Swapping

Ron beeb at woosh.co.nz
Fri Mar 11 21:55:02 PST 2011

In message <e7ce26b251.beeb at ron1954.woosh.co.nz>
          Ron <beeb at woosh.co.nz> wrote:

>   Default: a:c:cc:f:h:i:ii:l:o:p:s:y
>    This defines the list of suffixes which will be used to perform suffix
>    swapping when suffix swapping is enabled.  Suffix swapping is enabled
>    by default and can be disabled by having the __RISCOSIFY_NO_SUFFIX
>    bit specified in __riscosify_flags of the __riscosify() routine or
>    having that bit specified in the WEAK symbol __riscosify_control.
>    See the <unixlib/local.h> include file for more information.
>
>    Suffix swapping can also be disabled by defining the
>    UnixEnv$<program name>$sfix environment variable as an empty string :
>
>      *Set UnixEnv$my_program$sfix ""
>
> I'm not a C expert, but managed to get it turned off by setting the
> __riscosify_control int variable to the constant
> __RISCOSIFY_NO_REVERSE_SUFFIX
> in the tar.c prog.

So much for that, it does help if the 'a' dir is in the root but
as soon as the 'a' dir is in a subdirectory, suffix problems again.
I can't get
int __riscosify_control=__RISCOSIFY_NO_SUFFIX;
to make any difference at all, and it seems to be the only
constant out of the selection that does nothing.

*Set UnixEnv$tar$sfix "" seems to disable the swapping OK.

I have moved this problem here from CSA.programming
Ron M.