[gccsdk] tilda at start of filename

Ron beeb at woosh.co.nz
Mon Mar 21 23:24:19 PDT 2011

In message <5ea49fb651.beeb at ron1954.woosh.co.nz>
          Ron <beeb at woosh.co.nz> wrote:

> In message <2a0367b651.Jo at hobbes.bass-software.com>
>           John Tytgat <John.Tytgat at aaug.net> wrote:
>
> > In message <a6c160b651.beeb at ron1954.woosh.co.nz>
> >           Ron <beeb at woosh.co.nz> wrote:
> >
> > > The binaries I have downloaded from riscosinfo are behaving OK,
> > > so maybe this is another case of !SharedLibs/Unixlib behaving
> > > differently?
> >
> > Could be.  Could you try to link your application with static version
> > of the runtime library (i.e. specify the -static linker option) and
> > see if this makes a difference ?
> >
> > John.

I commented out the 'case of "~"' section in riscosify.c and this has
cured the problem.
If the same routine is used for testing the unix path to use ~
to write to a /home/settings file there may be problems with other
ports.
Possibly the problem is that it is being used on RISCOS names.

Still no change in the NO_SUFFIX bit being applied problem.
The other bits in the range seem to be working. ie 0x1000.

Cheers Ron M.