[gccsdk] Nettle autobuilder patch

Theo Markettos theo at markettos.org.uk
Tue Jul 3 02:22:16 PDT 2012

On Tue, Jul 03, 2012 at 06:29:38PM +1200, Ron wrote:
> I have just tryed building the Nettle package a second time, to see
> if it would put its packages in the correct place, but I get updates
> then patch errors.
> I will try to attach the failure to this post

Hi Ron,

Are you running this on a nettle build tree that the autobuilder already
downloaded (ie used ./build -d where it retains the tree afterwards)?  It's
very important that you delete the tree - autobuilder/nettle - beforehand,
because otherwise patching will fail (the tree has already been patched).

Probably the autobuilder should handle this better, but I'm not sure how.
Perhaps detect that the tree is there and move it out of the way.  Or be
able to build a pre-patched tree - but IME this often goes wrong in other
ways.

Theo