[gccsdk] Nettle autobuilder patch

Ron beeb at woosh.co.nz
Wed Jul 4 00:45:59 PDT 2012

In message <e29f79a952.beeb at ron1954.woosh.co.nz>
          Ron <beeb at woosh.co.nz> wrote:

> In message <20120703092216.GB310 at chiark.greenend.org.uk>
>           Theo Markettos <theo at markettos.org.uk> wrote:
>

> > Probably the autobuilder should handle this better, but I'm not sure how.
> > Perhaps detect that the tree is there and move it out of the way.  Or be
> > able to build a pre-patched tree - but IME this often goes wrong in other
> > ways.
> >
> > Theo

I have been thinking further on this, I think a fairly common situation
was for the autobuilder patches to be out of date with the current
downloaded source, things having moved on in the debian world.

To allow for you to edit the file (that didn't patch properly, or in this
recent case, has been previously patched) perhaps you could have a build
option -nopatch.

Ron M.