[gccsdk] GCCDSK cross compiler building errors

John Tytgat John.Tytgat at aaug.net
Wed Jun 27 13:08:20 PDT 2012

In message <CANsTO=mJXNLyW4RB2rX_=3Va-Dn1tB7dP3zhSXBAP679R2bR-g at mail.gmail.com>
          Manuel Alfayate <redwindwanderer at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi there
>
> I'm trying to build the cross compiler by following the instructions at
> http://www.riscos.info/index.php/Using_GCCSDK#Using_GCCSDK_and_Autobuilder_to_cross-compile_for_RISC_OS
>
> But, even having all the listed packaged installed, I still can't get
> ./build-world to succeed.
>
> There are some "undefined references" in the code, wich I though were
> caused by flex lib, but I installed it and I still get the same errors... I
> also installed the dev flex lib.
>
> So here's my log, included with this message. Any idea is welcome

Could it be that you don't have bison installed ?

Otherwise, if you have installed flex after having done a failed build,
I'm not sure whether it will rebuild sufficently as you're having a
linker error.  So do:

  $ rm buildstepsdir/cross-gcc-configure

which will rebuild the gcc cross-compiler part from scratch (but still
reuse your binutils, host native libraries, etc which you've built).