[gccsdk] AsAsm v2.00 testers needed

John Tytgat John.Tytgat at aaug.net
Sat Mar 3 06:27:29 PST 2012

After 2 years of development and nearly 200 commits later, I believe AsAsm
v2.00 is in a shape to let it be tested by more people and nearly ready for
release.  AsAsm v2.00 is positioned as future replacement for ObjAsm.

As most probably the biggest ObjAsm code base is RISC OS 5, I'm looking
for someone who can (and wants to) build the RISC OS 5 code with AsAsm
instead of ObjAsm and look for differences/bugs which shouldn't be there
(there are binary differences which are perfectly ok like what ADRL is
assembled for).

I've built some RISC OS 5 modules myself and those are all built ok.

A very short feature summery:
  - Complete support for ObjAsm macro's, conditional and repeated
    directives, include statements, etc.
  - AOF and ELF output
  - AsAsm can be used as cross and native assembler.  The typical directory
    structure used for sources (like s/asmfile) are supported for both.
  - Adoption of several new semantics found in ARM Compiler toolchain v5.0

On the roadmap (presumebly after v2.00)
  - Neon/VFP support
  - Rework of the relocation part
  - DWARF debugging info in ELF output
  - Thumb support

Aside, I would welcome development contributions.

Please mail me if you're interested helping out to finalize the AsAsm v2.00
release.