[gccsdk] make: File '-c' not found

Duncan Moore duncan.moore at gmx.com
Sat Jan 31 05:11:00 PST 2015

On 30/01/2015 14:13, WPB wrote:
> With this very simple test case of a Makefile:
>

>     dir :
> 	printf "Making dir...\n"
> 	mkdir OBJECTS

You need the executable file 'printf' in your run path - check that it is.

The trouble then is with the \n. I could get it to work by just removing \n.
You don't then get a carriage return of course.
But this does work (note, single quotes, two slashes):

printf 'Making dir...\\n'

I'm not sure if variable substitution will work with that - I haven't tried.

If you try 'echo', beware of picking up the RISC OS Echo instead.

As to why \n is causing problems, I'm not sure. It looks like some weird
interaction between 'make' and 'printf'.

Duncan