[gccsdk] Unable to load Shared library with GCC 4.7.4.1

pdmiller at pdmiller1.plus.com pdmiller at pdmiller1.plus.com
Sun Jun 28 12:34:15 PDT 2015

On Sun, June 28, 2015 8:00 pm, Lee Noar <leenoar at sky.com> wrote:

>> The path variable DRW: is set to
>>
>> RAM::RamDisc0.$.Resources.!DRWDEF.DRW.
>>
>> This setup works when compiling, linking and loading using GCC 4.1.2.
>>
>> Has anything changed in GCC 4.7.4.1 that means I need to change my
>> shared
>> library scheme to work with GCC 4.7.4.1?
>
> I can't see anything that would prevent a library name prefixed with
> a path variable from working in a symlink. I did make some changes to
> where the dynamic linker searches for libraries to support VFP, but
> that's before symlink processing.
>
> Where are the symlink files stored?

They are copied to RAM::RamDisc0.$.Resources.!DRWDEF.DRW. during system
startup.

The shared library itself happens to be in the same library.

I set an <appname>$LD$ENV variable for each application that uses the
library. It is usually just set to "LD_LIBRARY_PATH=DRW:" but can also
include path variables to any application specific shared libraries.

Regards,

Pete Miller.