[gccsdk] static build of libcrypto

alan buckley alan_baa at hotmail.com
Fri May 8 10:33:37 PDT 2015

I’m trying to cross-compile a couple of different applications
that end up with libcrypto linked against them.

Unfortunately they fail with the following:

/home/alanb/gccsdk/env/lib/libcrypto.a(dso_dlfcn.o): In function `dlfcn_globallookup':
dso_dlfcn.c:(.text+0x38): undefined reference to `dlopen'
dso_dlfcn.c:(.text+0x48): undefined reference to `dlsym'
dso_dlfcn.c:(.text+0x54): undefined reference to `dlclose'
/home/alanb/gccsdk/env/lib/libcrypto.a(dso_dlfcn.o): In function `dlfcn_bind_func':

etc...

This looks like the shared library loading code. I can see two
problems.
1. I can’t see a static build of libdl – we would need a RISC OS version I guess.
2. As I pass my programs through elf2aif surely the routines wouldn’t work
anyway and may cause a crash.

One of the programs could possibly be just shipped in elf format I guess, but
the other would definitely need to be in aif format with few external
dependencies.

Any suggestions of what I need to do to resolve this?

Thanks,
Alan