[gccsdk] GCC 4.7.4 release 2: minor bugs

John Tytgat John.Tytgat at aaug.net
Sun Oct 4 07:33:10 PDT 2015

On 10/04/2015 04:01 PM, James Harper wrote:
> Thanks to all for the new GCC 4.7.4 release, it's much appreciated.
>
> I've noticed a couple of minor bugs, when compiling under RISC OS
> 5.22/RPCEmu 0.8.12.
>
> First, it looks like the '-mthrowback' option is being silently ignored.

Because the GCCSDK 3.4.x patches for throwback support haven't been
applied yet, cfr. one of the items at
http://www.riscos.info/websvn/filedetails.php?repname=gccsdk&path=%2Ftrunk%2Fgcc4%2FSTATUS-BRANCH
Unfortunately that wasn't mentioned in the release documentation.

Actually it needs a reimplementation.  The unused GCCSDK 3.4.x throwback
patches are still at gcc4/recipe/patches/gcc/todo/ as a reference.

Not hugely challenging but simple needs someone spending some time on it.