[gccsdk] SimpleGit

Jeffrey Lee me at phlamethrower.co.uk
Sun Nov 11 12:33:53 PST 2018

On Sun, 11 Nov 2018, Chris Gransden wrote:

> In article <alpine.WNT.2.00.1811102200330.8924 at Jeffrey-PC>,
>   Jeffrey Lee <me at phlamethrower.co.uk> wrote:
>> On Sat, 10 Nov 2018, Theo Markettos wrote:
>
>>> Now committed - I renamed it to 'simplegit' because most of the other
>>> packages are lower case.  (I'm not sure we have a policy on that)
>
>> Cheers. I'll hopefully have an update tomorrow that tidies up the package
>> a bit (e.g. proper version number), so if uploading the built version to
>> riscos.info is a manual thing then it's probably best to hold off on that
> Hope it's OK. I've checked in some changes to the standalone libgit2 so it
> uses UnixLib MMAP. Seems to work OK now. Also changed settings to be saved
> in Choices$Write.

That's great, thanks. "sgit status" seems to be a lot faster in this new
version, so it gets my approval!

However, there is still at least one problem with the simplegit-libgit2
package: When I pulled in Chris's changes I also ended up pulling in the
change to autobuilder/fetch-program from rev 7196. This means that instead
of using libgit2-0.27.4 from the testing distro, the autobuilder now uses
libgit2-0.24.6 from the stable distro, which is older than the libgit2
that simplegit supports, causing at least one build error due to API
changes (simplegit's integrated version claims to be 0.26.3).

Possibly the solution there is to switch to fetching libgit2 straight from
its git repo. I'll try and sort that out in the next day or two, unless
someone objects. Plus, changing it to pull the sources from git will make
it easier if/when we fork the repo and start adding our own patches.

The other things I want to do are to enable libssh2 (for git: protocol
support) and test pushing via https & git. After that I'll send my updated
recipes and we can probably upload a proper release.

Cheers,

- Jeffrey