[Rpcemu] Networking

Alex Waugh alex at alexwaugh.com
Tue Nov 6 22:13:55 GMT 2007

Hi,

I had an urgent need for networking support, so I hacked something
together quickly by taking the DCI parts of Castle's EtherY driver and
calling the emulator directly from there instead of writing to hardware.
The emulator then feeds the data straight in to the Linux TAP device. It
currently polls rather than using interrupts, and is hence a bit slow,
but otherwise works surprisingly well.

I realise Tom is working on a different way of doing it, so don't want
to spend much more effort on it if it is going to be duplicating effort.
However I could tidy it up a bit and check it in if there is interest
in it.

Alex

Alex Waugh                                           alex at alexwaugh.com