[Rpcemu] Announcement about development

alan buckley alan_baa at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 1 04:08:50 EST 2008

> On Wed, 26 Nov 2008 21:34:25 +0100 Dick Tanis wrote:
>
> Hello RPCEmu users,

[snip]

> Our first objective is to get acquainted with the source code and get
> the emulator issues/problems/bugs identified. At the moment we are
> only going to develop the Linux version of RPCEmu because we don't
> have time/tools to test the code on other platforms and because their
> are other good solutions of emulating a Risc PC on a Windows or MAC
> PC.

I understand you only have the resources for the linux version, but
can you try to make it possible for it to continue to be built on
Windows. Once/if RISC OS 5 is available for RPCEmu, I'm sure there
will be others apart from me who will want to be able to run it on
their Windows machines.

> If anybody wants to help us with the development of RPCEmu then you're
> very welcome. Just contact me at above address . If you find some
> issues/bugs in the emulator then post them here at the RPCEmu mailing
> list. I will try to identify them and put them on the issue list
> (http://www.riscos.info/index.php/RPCEmu_issues) at riscos.info.

Once there is a free ROM set for the emulator I'm willing to try to
get it building on Windows, though I don't see me able to do much
other development on it.

Regards,
Alan