[Rpcemu] [Fwd: Re: HostFS and multiple discs]

Gillian Seed mrseed at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 17:32:28 EST 2008

Hello James,

2008/11/30 James Woodcock <james_woodcock at yahoo.co.uk>:

> Here is an updated patch that should have answered most of the queries:
> 1.  Discs are configured in rpc.cfg.  rpc.cfg is updated with exmaples.
> 2.  Discs can be referenced by name or by index
> 3.  There are no concept of default permissions

Nice to see such fast results. I'll try to test the changes this week.
If it all works fine. I'll add them to the RPCEmu repository.

> There is still a concept of a default disc, for use when the HostFS
> module references HostFS:$.  The default disc is now HostFS::0.$.

I've got the source of the ArcEmHostFS module and could successfuly
compile it with a cross compiler. I will modify the boot code so it
will be possible to configure from which drive you can boot.

> Bugs:
> 1.  you don't get an invalid disc error when referencing discs that do
> not exist.  I need to fix that, really.

Can you fix it or does the ArcEmHostFS module need to do some things
for you? Anyway does the emulator still crash when the patch is
applied if an non-existence disc is referenced?

> 2.  you don't get a permission denied error when trying to create a file
> on a read-only filesystem.

Same question again. Need the HostFS module be modified for that?

Dick.