[Rpcemu] Announcement about development

jesshampshire at googlemail.com jesshampshire at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 4 13:09:20 EST 2008

In message <Pine.LNX.4.64.0812032324150.10354 at batfish.pepperfish.net>
          Chris Williams <diodesign at diodesign.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Tue, 2 Dec 2008, jesshampshire at googlemail.com wrote:
>
>> In message <Pine.LNX.4.64.0812012302530.23309 at batfish.pepperfish.net>
>>          Chris Williams <diodesign at diodesign.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>>> Just like to add, on top of this, I'm happy to try to keep it
>>> building/working on PPC Mac OS X/Linux.
>>
>> [snip]
>>
>> That is great news. Could I request you maintain compatibility with
>> the old OSes and processors (eg Jaguar, Panther, G3.), please?
>
> I use G3 and G4 CPU machines, so, yes. I can't see why OS and CPU
> compatibility will break.

Brilliant. I have just been given a (legit) version of tiger for my
G4, but I have a G3 that will only take Jaguar, and it's really
annoying the amount of open source software that requires the latest
(or nearly) operating systems. (Seems odd that the idea of free
software is to avoid paying Mr Gates for it, but it requires his or Mr
Jobs' latest OS, so they get paid anyway)

--
Jess Hampshire
mailto:jess at itworkshop-nexus.net     http://jess.itworkshop-nexus.net

Plain text emails with interleaved, trimmed replies please. (RFC 1855)