[Rpcemu] Keyboard probs with Linux RPCemu

Terry Duell tduell at iinet.net.au
Sat Dec 6 17:54:28 EST 2008

Hullo All,
I have mentioned this problem a couple of times, but there hasn't been
much discussion, so I am wondering if I am suffering from a very local
problem.
I am running RPCemu on Fedora 9 x86_64, currently v137, compiled with
dynarec and using 4.39 rom image.
The tracking (for want of the right word) of the keyboard is not robust,
and not good enough to allow document preparation using TechWriter. I find
that quite a few keystrokes are missed, and every now and then it misses
the 'keyup' (I think that is the right word) and continues to add the last
key character at a great rate. These effects really do bu##erup a doc and
it hard task indeed.
In most other respects RPCemu works well and is quite usable, but the
keyboard problem is a real handicap for how I would like to use it.
Unfortunately I don't have the skills/knowledge to attempt to find and fix
this problem.

It would be interesting to hear if others are having similar problems.

Regards,
Terry Duell