[Rpcemu] Announcement about development

alan buckley alan_baa at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 8 04:42:34 EST 2008

> On Sun, 7 Dec 2008 00:22:08 +0100 mrseed at gmail.com wrote:
>
>> I'm with Alan that we cannot let the Windows build fall behind and should be
>> aiming for as unified an engine as possible.
>
> Yes off course I would like that too but we can't promise that every
> change we make will work for all platforms because we don't have the
> resources to test it. So if people still wants RPCEmu to get developed
> for their platform I think it's not too much to ask them to join the
> development or at least keep track of the changes and tell us if new
> versions of the software still work on their platform.

I completely understand your position and I'm pleased you've taken on
RPCEmu. I just thought it was better to state my desire for a
Windows version so you knew people were interested on running it
for that platform. I was fairly sure you wouldn't deliberately
be doing things to make it linux only, but I would have kicked
myself if 6 months from now there was an announcement about RPCEmu
becoming linux only and I'd kept quiet.

With the announcement of RISC OS 4 for a fiver, it looks like
I may be able to do some testing sooner than I thought.

Thanks again for taking up this project.

Regards,
Alan

P.S. Has anyone created a makefile to build RPCEmu on Cygwin.
If so I'd love to have a look at and would see if I could get
it working and added to the RPCEmu development.