[Rpcemu] RPCEmu Spoon Edition

David Pitt pittdj at pittdj.co.uk
Wed Dec 31 06:36:26 EST 2008

Peter Howkins <rpcemu.howkins at marutan.net> wrote:

> RPCEmu Spoon Edition is a version of RPCEmu that contains
>
>  - Easy to use MSI installer for Windows
>  - Source for Windows and Linux
>  - Fixes for several known issues
>
> http://www.marutan.net/rpcemuspoon/
>
> Please try it out and let us know how you get on.

I like the name, I assume that is a reference to the likes of me that need
the Windows RPCemu on a spoon having failed to make any sense of the
building requirements.

Many thanks for the build, I did want to see RPCemu on Windows.

It is early days but as an initial impression I would say that though it may
be alpha it is not as alpha as all that by which I mean it has not fallen
over as its predecessor did.

RPCemu 0.8.0 does not crash on hibernation on this Vista laptop as VRPC
does. The mouse pointer behaves sensibly as it enter the RPCemu window,
another plus over VRPC.

I did have to use OS4.04, OS4.39 failed to start. I should have made a note
of the error but I can return to that if necessary.

There is just one minor item and that is that the \ and # keys are
transposed using a UK keyboard. That subject came up on a previous thread.
They are correct in the Linux build.

--
David Pitt