[Rpcemu] RPCemu-Linux, some problems and notes

Terry Duell tduell at iinet.net.au
Thu Jan 17 00:00:01 GMT 2008

In message 17 Jan
 "jan rinze" <janrinze at gmail.com>  wrote:

> Hi All,

Hullo Jan,

> I have just setup my desktop machine Microsoft free .. I switched to
> Ubuntu. Does anyone have a sound suggestion how to start off with the linux
> version of RPCemu?

Have a read of some of the latest mailing list entries. I added some recent
notes of my experiences with the 0.7 Linux version.
There are suggestions that the latest SVN sources are more robust than v0.7,
but I have yet to test that.
I have been using the ROS4.39, but there has been some advice that ROS3.71
might be less troublesome with RPCemu. Do you have ROS roms?
I would suggest simply following the Readme.txt supplied with the sources,
and building from the latest svn sources. Ensure that the HOSTFS dir is
renamed in lowercase.
Let the mailing list know how you get on, it all helps.

> I might even help out with bug fixing ;-)

That will be excellent if you are able to do that.

Regards,
Terry Duell