[Rpcemu] RPCemu-Linux, some problems and notes

jan rinze janrinze at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 23:43:30 GMT 2008

Hi Terry,
<---->
> > Have a read of some of the latest mailing list entries. I added some recent
> > notes of my experiences with the 0.7 Linux version.
> > There are suggestions that the latest SVN sources are more robust than v0.7,
> > but I have yet to test that.
>
> Do you have the svn checkout url etc?

Ok.. I have it. compiled it and also remembered to install allegro :-)

> > I have been using the ROS4.39, but there has been some advice that ROS3.71
> > might be less troublesome with RPCemu. Do you have ROS roms?
>
> Actually I have RiscOS 4.39 running on my Pocket PC on a modified RPCemu :-)

and RO 4.39 ROMS are in place :-)

> > I would suggest simply following the Readme.txt supplied with the sources,
> > and building from the latest svn sources. Ensure that the HOSTFS dir is
> > renamed in lowercase.
>
> read that somewhere.. :-) I have hostfs now working too on the Pocket PC. :-)

done that too..

> > Let the mailing list know how you get on, it all helps.

Ok.. now the gory details of running RPCemu under ubuntu 7.10:

janrinze at ubuntu-desktop:~/src/rpcemu/trunk$ ./rpcemu
Error opening /dev/net/tun device: Permission denied
Networking unavailable
MIPS: 1.507600 (AVG: 0.000000) 1
MIPS: 6.254400 (AVG: 0.000000) 1
MIPS: 8.448800 (AVG: 0.000000) 1
MIPS: 9.679200 (AVG: 0.000000) 1
MIPS: 9.909600 (AVG: 0.000000) 1
MIPS: 8.561200 (AVG: 0.000000) 1
MIPS: 8.348800 (AVG: 0.000000) 1
MIPS: 5.121600 (AVG: 0.000000) 1
MIPS: 9.414600 (AVG: 0.000000) 1
MIPS: 9.397400 (AVG: nan) 1
MIPS: 8.849000 (AVG: 8.849000) 1
MIPS: 9.357400 (AVG: 9.103200) 1
MIPS: 9.499800 (AVG: 9.235400) 1
MIPS: 9.079800 (AVG: 9.196500) 1
MIPS: 11.247400 (AVG: 9.606680) 1
MIPS: 11.040600 (AVG: 9.845666) 1
MIPS: 9.895600 (AVG: 9.852800) 1
MIPS: 8.307600 (AVG: 9.659650) 1
MIPS: 6.280600 (AVG: 9.284200) 1
MIPS: 3.981800 (AVG: 8.753960) 1
Shutting down Allegro due to signal #11
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
janrinze at ubuntu-desktop:~/src/rpcemu/trunk$

The window pops up.. looks ok.
it even gets up to the desktop and starts some stuff.. and rapidly
ends in a coredump.
Will try to use gdb on the code..

> > > I might even help out with bug fixing ;-)
> >
> > That will be excellent if you are able to do that.
>
> Only once I have a source tree .. But that will be coming up soon I guess.

Hmm.. must be that day today I guess..
Keep you all informed :-)

Jan Rinze.