[Rpcemu] Problems with Allegro

Terry Duell tduell at iinet.net.au
Thu May 8 03:52:13 BST 2008

In message 7 May
 Musus Umbra <musus.rpcemu at verelanthe.co.uk>  wrote:

> On Wednesday 07 May 2008, Terry Duell wrote:
> > I installed Allegro (4.2.2-7), the package manager installed both
> > i386 and x86_64 libs. When I attempt to build RPCemu (version 127) I
> > get the message that the allegro-config script hasn't been found.
>
> Did you install the "devel" packages also?
>
> In general things like Allegro are have two sets of packages.
[snip]

> In Fedora the "devel" packages almost all have the same name as
> the "normal" ones, but with "-devel" on the end, so make sure you
> have "allegro-devel" installed.

OK, thanks for that advice, but it doesn't seem to have advanced me very far.
I have installed the Allegro and Allegro-devel packages (both i386 and x86_64
versions are installed by the package manager), the version number is
4.2.2-7.

Having done that when I now run the RPCemu (rev 127 sources) configure script
it fails as follows...
--------------------
checking for allegro-config... /etc/allegrorc
checking for Allegro - version >= 4.0.0... ./configure: line 4733: /etc/allegrorc: Permission denied
./configure: line 4734: /etc/allegrorc: Permission denied
./configure: line 4736: /etc/allegrorc: Permission denied
./configure: line 4738: /etc/allegrorc: Permission denied
./configure: line 4740: /etc/allegrorc: Permission denied
no
*** Could not run Allegro test program, checking why...
*** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file config.log for the
*** exact error that occured. This usually means Allegro was incorrectly installed
*** or that you have moved Allegro since it was installed. In the latter case, you
*** may want to edit the allegro-config script: /etc/allegrorc
configure: error: building RPCemu requires Allegro to be installed
--------------------
The 'permission denied' suggested to me that perhaps SE Linux was
interferring in the process, so have turned that off. That didn't have any
effect. I then checked the permissions of /etc/allegrorc and everyone had
read permission but none had read-write, so have set that, again with no
change in the overall result.

Anyone have any clues as to what is happening, or what else I might try to
correct this?

One other bit of info that I seem to be missing is (assuming that the above
problem is solved) how to compile RPCemu with the Dynamic recompiler. I seem
to recall there was a text file in earlier RPCemu distributions which
explained how to do that, but it is now nowhere to be seen. Memory says it
was something like "make DYNAREC=1" or somesuch. Where has that helpful text
file gone?

Regards,
Terry Duell