[Rpcemu] Patch to 'make install' - configurable file paths

Theo Markettos rpcemu at markettos.org.uk
Wed Nov 26 06:11:41 EST 2008

On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 01:11:55PM +0100, jan rinze wrote:
> Hi Theo,
>
> since the desktop linux variants have eveolved there seems to be a push
> towards putting application specific info in the users home directory under
> .application (where the word application should be substituted with the name
> of the app).

Yes, I agree.  So rpcemu should attempt to open ~/.rpcemu/rpc.cfg and if
that fails fallback to /etc/rpcemu/rpc.cfg.  All the other paths can be
configured from there (I'd imagine CMOS would go in ~/.rpcemu/ too, but you
might want RISC OS ROMs installed system-wide).  The logfile probably
doesn't want to be hardcoded to /var/log, but I'm not sure of the best place
for a user-specific logfile?

Theo