[Rpcemu] Improving CPU usage when idle

Theo Markettos rpcemu at markettos.org.uk
Tue Apr 7 13:22:39 EDT 2009

On Mon, Apr 06, 2009 at 09:57:33PM +0100, Jake Waskett wrote:
> It would be good to use similar interfaces, if possible.  Is anyone in
> a position to disassemble this module and find out what it does?
> Better yet, would it be worth contacting VirtualAcorn to see whether
> we can share the module?  It may be a little cheeky, but it's a fairly
> minor component...

I think whatever it does it'll be specific to VA.  When I had VRPC I looked
at the source of their battery manager app.  I don't have my notes here for
the details, but it just uses the Portable_ReadBMUVariable SWI to read the
battery state just as on an A4 (which concurs with the RO6 PRM).  So VA's
module must be implementing these in some way.

It may be doing other things, of course.

Theo