[Rpcemu] RPCEmu Spoon Edition 0.8.3

Ollie Clark ol at ollieclark.com
Thu Apr 16 08:57:59 PDT 2009

2009/4/15 Peter Howkins <rpcemu.howkins at marutan.net>:
> Known Issues
>
>  - RISC OS 6 Preview 3 will only boot with Interpreter if processor type
>    is StrongARM
>  - RISC OS 6 Preview 3 will not yet boot with 64-bit DynaRec
>
> Could other users let us know of any further versions of RISC OS 6 that
> work or don't work with 0.8.3?

Er, I'm afraid I've got confused with the version numbering/naming
conventions used by ROL now. I can report though that the version I've
got which declares itself as:

RISC OS 6.06 (19 Mar 2007) 128MB
Select 4i2 (r16867 26 bit)

won't boot into the desktop.

Interpreter with ARM610 almost immediately gives Abort on Data
transfer at &03884E7C.

Interpreter with StrongARM starts to boot and gets to a green screen
(http://www.ollieclark.com/RPCEmu/IntSA.png) with ROL logo and a red
error box (I presume). If I press [Return], the red box clears and the
screen changes slightly (http://www.ollieclark.com/RPCEmu/IntSA2.png).
If I then press any key I get to a supervisor prompt and typing
desktop gives me a completely grey screen (so almost there, I think).

DynRec gives the same as for interpreter with SA but hangs after typing desktop.

It's all working very well with Adjust though. Thanks for all the work on this.