[Rpcemu] Higher Resolution modes

Paul Stewart paulstewart at phawfaux.co.uk
Sun Apr 26 08:21:18 PDT 2009

Hi

Not sure if people are aware of this (I don't keep an archive of the
list), but it is very easy to access high resolution screen modes that
would not usually be available to the Risc PC.

Current have my RPCEmu 0.8.3 under Puppy Linux running 1024x768 at 16M
colours (takes 3072k of Screen memory).  Also tried it at 1280x1024 at
16m colours.

The way to achieve this is to:-

1) Edit $.Boot.Choices.Boot.PreDesk.Configure.!Run
2) Alter line 1 so that all 4 sets of numbers after the BandLimit
command are: 800000
3) The full line should read /<Obey$Dir>.BandLimit 800000 800000
800000 800000
4) Save the file
5) Reboot
6) After startup you can now select higher resolution modes at 16m
colours from the iconbar display manager.

Regards
--
Paul Stewart -  Far Bletchley, Milton Keynes, England.
(msn:paulstewart at phawfaux.co.uk)

RISC OS Wakefield '09 show.  Saturday Apil 25th.  Be there and be
seen!
http://www.wakefieldshow.org.uk/