[Rpcemu] RISC OS 5.15 and RPCemu

Tom Walker tommowalker at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Apr 29 02:52:03 PDT 2009

> It looks like there's also some ARMv5 in there too as you found. Which
> is something ROOL will have to fix for real hardware.

As I said on drobe, there's no reason RPCemu can't emulate ARMv5. Certainly if it's just the one instruction. Might put that in today actually, see if I can get !Draw running.

> It also looks from the commit messages that this has very much been
> developed on an A7000, as such I also wouldn't expect Quadrature mouse
> yet. And it looks to have a fairly hard-coded memory map, which could
> be the 8MB only you found?

Yes, it's hardcoded to a specific machine. Hence why changing the amount of memory in RPCemu does absolutely nothing - it's probably based on an A7000 with an 8mb SIMM (loading the ROM into the motherboard-based 4mb?). Probably an easier target to aim for than a RiscPC at present.

> Hope this helps, it seems there's a bit of work on the ROM side to make
> this support more variations of the a7k/riscpc hardware, and to tidy up
> any unsupported instructions.

Yes, it's very much unfinished! Which makes me wonder how much support is worth doing for it at the moment - at least HostFS and the mousehack need changes to be compatible, but is it worth waiting for a more complete ROM image?

Tom