[Rpcemu] RISC OS 5 on RPCemu

Steve (ROOL) srevill at riscosopen.org
Wed Apr 29 05:01:17 PDT 2009

Hi guys,

Thanks for your work in getting RO5 working on RPCemu - we tried various
things before the show last weekend but couldn't get it working (not having
much time to dedicate to it).

I see you are hitting problems such as XScale instructions. I can confirm
that the A7000 build on our stand at the show also had these problems and
it's because we accidentally have the Iyonix FPEmulator module in the ROM
build due to some build switches being incorrectly set. This would explain
that instability.

We'll do a new IOMD build with the correct FPEmulator which should help with

Other problems are HAL-related, which cause things like VRAM to be
incorrectly recognised, the CMOS to be cleared, mouse type to be wrong as a
result, etc.

Keep up the good work!

Stephen Revill, Director                           Tel: +44 (0) 1353 740 267
RISC OS Open Ltd                                          www.riscosopen.org
4 Townsend Mews, Wilburton,
Ely, Cambridgeshire, CB6 3SQ