[Rpcemu] Bad mode 4

Gillian Seed mrseed at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 11:58:24 EDT 2009

On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 6:33 PM, David R Lane
<D_Lane at lakeview.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi all spooners,
>
> On version 0.8.1 and on version 0.8.2 I get an error from RPCemu
> saying "Bad Mode 4" when I attempt to open the "HardDisc4" or
> whatever the disc image is called, and then the mouse pointer
> freezes over (although we are getting warmer weather now!). So I
> can't get any further.
>
> I am doing this on a 9-year old 600MHz M$ XP computer which has a
> Rage something or other video graphics card.
>
> I am using the 1024E disc image from the RPCemu website and
> everthing installed by RPCemu, but I am still using the boot that
> is in RO4disc which comes with ROL's VFree402.
>
> Any ideas?

Very strange. The error means that the ARM wants to switch to a
processor mode which doesn't exists. This shouldn't happen. :( Anyway
can you give me more details about the emulation settings. Eg. which
executable interpreter/recompiler, RISC OS version, how much memory
for RISC OS etc.

MrSeed.