[Rpcemu] comments, puzzles, and questions

Musus Umbra musus at verelanthe.co.uk
Sat Apr 3 13:57:24 PDT 2010

On Saturday 03 Apr 2010, Jim Lesurf wrote:
> I've tried using !MakeModes to create a new monitor defn file that
> includes 1024 x 700 or similar (1280 x700-ish would be good) but
> they never work. When I put the file into the list and ask the boot
> screen to 'try' them I just get a blank rpcemu screen.

This mode works for me in RPCemu:
---8<--------------------------------------
# 1024 x 700 (RPCemu)
startmode
mode_name:1024 x 700
x_res:1024
y_res:700
pixel_rate:65000
h_timings:136,64,60,1024,60,0
#    VESA:136,160,0,1024,0,24
v_timings:6,29,0,700,0,3
sync_pol:0
endmode
---8<--------------------------------------

FWIW, I took a copy of the AKF85 MDF, renamed the monitor (start of the
file, "monitor_title" tag) and pasted that mode in just above the
1024x768 mode(s). It's a simple change from 768 to 700 of the 1024x768
mode...  minimal testing, of course, but it seems to work just fine
here.

HTH,
Adny

Erst wenn die Wolken schlafengehn	 | Personal: adny at verelanthe.co.uk
kann man uns am Himmel sehn		 | Techie: musus at verelanthe.co.uk
wir haben Angst und sind allein		 | WWW: verelanthe.co.uk/musus/
Gott weiss ich will kein Engel sein!	 | UT: adny.rsa at googlemail.com
-- Rammstein / Engel