[Rpcemu] comments, puzzles, and questions

Jim Lesurf jcgl at audiomisc.co.uk
Sun Apr 4 04:31:05 PDT 2010

Thanks to all for the help.

I've now tried copies of the 1024 x 700 and 1280 x 700 mode definitions
that were in the responses and they work fine!  :-))

The height of 700 pixels is about ideal as it gives a little clear space
above and below. I can get 32k colours with the 1024 x 700 so that is
probably optimum for most purposes. The results are quite impressive.

I take it that no-one has encountered the AW inconsistency between
different linux machines/setups that I described (?)  Have others here
found AW runs fine? Fortunately this isn't a major snag for me as I mostly
use Vector anyway.

I'm just using the version of rpcemu I installed using svn. Is there any
particular advantage to use the 'spoon' edition instead? I read some of the
archived emails on this but couldn't decide.

Slainte,

Jim