[Rpcemu] Problems compiling 0.8.8 and mouse issue

P.J.G. Long pjgl2 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Dec 29 11:48:26 PST 2010

On Dec 29 2010, Peter Howkins wrote:

>On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 11:11:34PM +0000, P.J.G. Long wrote:
>> On Dec 16 2010, P.J.G. Long wrote:
>>
>> I am still having problems with object selection in ProCAD. Has
>> anyone seen a similar problem with other packages which might give a
>> hint to the problem?
>
>Have you tried selecting capture mouse from the menu instead of using
>'follow host mouse'? That often clears up mouse issues.

 Unfortunately if I switch 'follow host mouse' off things either don't work
or are very strange on my normal platform, Linux.

  What is strange is that the the selection system seems to work in all
other packages I have tried, e.g. draw. The only other lead I have is that
I also seem to have some issues with keyboard input, in particular hotkeys,
when using a external usb keyboard to my laptop with ProCAD. Originally I
thought it was due to the slowness of a wireless keyboard I used to have. I
changed it to a wired keyboard and it is alot better, but not always
perfect. It feels as though there is a race or ProCAD is not getting the
response quickly enough.

   Regards

--
Peter J G Long PhD
Senior Design Engineer

Cambridge University Engineering Department
Trumpington Street
Cambridge CB2 1PZ

Tel 44 -(0) 1223 -332779
Fax 44 -(0) 1223 -332741