[Rpcemu] A pleasant blue window...

Musus Umbra musus at verelanthe.co.uk
Sat Mar 20 11:08:54 PDT 2010

In article <20100320164039.26A7A541E at blake.inputplus.co.uk>, Ralph
Corderoy <ralph at inputplus.co.uk> wrote:
> > Note, it checks the SHA1 digest of the ROM image.  I'm come across
> > quite a few people with various corrupt ones.  There's a list at
> > http://inputplus.co.uk/ralph/#acornem

This is interesting...

My RO3.70 ROM image didn't pass the checksum; I get:

$ sha1sum roms/riscos-3.70.rom
e7cb05c9925dd0d7d9d5ff6f74244066c5c87e34  roms/riscos-3.70.rom

I don't recall where the image came from - my 3.70 ROMs are currently in
a defective motherboard... I /think/ they came from that, but I could be
wrong.

On Saturday 20 Mar 2010, David wrote:
> I got that, dropped in the 3.70 rom from this RPC and ran it.
> Unfortunately, it came up with the blue window about which I first
> posted. Nothing was reported on the command line.

... and ya know what?  With that 3.70 ROM image I too get nothing but
the blue screen.

And the reason it gets that is that the cpu_type is wrong in the rpc.cfg
file.  And the reason the CPU type is wrong is because the bash script
never got to change it because the ROM checksum failed and aborted the
process.

Out of interest, what's the sha1sum of your ROM, David?

> The rom image must be okay as it gets to the desktop in another
> emulation.

But interestingly, that same ROM image works perfectly in an older 32-
bit build of RPCemu I was previously using...  so that's apparently not
any sort of indicator of correctness :p

Try Ralph's script, and then chamging the cpu_type to SA110 manually...
that worked for me, even with a ROM image that has a different hash.

TTFN,
Adny

Erst wenn die Wolken schlafengehn	 | Personal: adny at verelanthe.co.uk
kann man uns am Himmel sehn		 | Techie: musus at verelanthe.co.uk
wir haben Angst und sind allein		 | WWW: verelanthe.co.uk/musus/
Gott weiss ich will kein Engel sein!	 | UT: adny.rsa at googlemail.com
-- Rammstein / Engel