[Rpcemu] Good rom-3.70, no startup errors BUT still no menu

Musus Umbra musus at verelanthe.co.uk
Mon Mar 22 04:34:49 PDT 2010

On Sunday 21 Mar 2010, David wrote:
> Now, it starts up with no errors and for the first time displays the
> correct backdrop. However, the CD-ROM drive still reports drive empty
> when there's a CD in and I still can't bring up the Ctrl-End menu.

First things first, let's check that all 3 interested parties (you, us,
and X/RPCEmu/Allegro) all mean the same thing by "End"...

1. Run this command in a terminal window:
--8<----------------------------------------
xev | grep keysym
---8<---------------------------------------
That will cause a small window called "Event Tester" to open.

2. Click in the "Event Tester" window to focus it.

3. Press and release your "End" key.

4. Press and release your "Ctrl" key.

5. Close the "Event Tester" window.

What got printed out in the terminal window?  Please include the output
in your reply :)

It should look something a bit like this:
--8<------------------------------------------
$ xev | grep keysym
    state 0x10, keycode 36 (keysym 0xff0d, Return), same_screen YES,
    state 0x10, keycode 115 (keysym 0xff57, End), same_screen YES,
    state 0x10, keycode 115 (keysym 0xff57, End), same_screen YES,
    state 0x10, keycode 37 (keysym 0xffe3, Control_L), same_screen YES,
    state 0x14, keycode 37 (keysym 0xffe3, Control_L), same_screen YES,
XIO:  fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server
":0.0"
      after 31 requests (31 known processed) with 0 events remaining.
--8<------------------------------------------

Also, what do these commands produce? (don't worry if most of them
produce an error message, but do include them in your reply :)
--8<------------------------------------
grep -EH "^(keyboard|language).*=" /etc/allegrorc
grep -EH "^(keyboard|language).*=" /etc/allegro.cfg
grep -EH "^(keyboard|language).*=" ~/.allegrorc
grep -EH "^(keyboard|language).*=" ~/.allegro.cfg

TTFN,
Adny

Erst wenn die Wolken schlafengehn	 | Personal: adny at verelanthe.co.uk
kann man uns am Himmel sehn		 | Techie: musus at verelanthe.co.uk
wir haben Angst und sind allein		 | WWW: verelanthe.co.uk/musus/
Gott weiss ich will kein Engel sein!	 | UT: adny.rsa at googlemail.com
-- Rammstein / Engel