[Rpcemu] A pleasant blue window...

Musus Umbra musus at verelanthe.co.uk
Mon Mar 22 10:30:44 PDT 2010

On Monday 22 Mar 2010, Ralph Corderoy wrote:
> My guess is the blue screen is RISC OS detecting that some internal
> checksum on the ROM isn't correct during POST.  That vaguely rings a
> bell on other earlier emulators.

My understanding is that the blue screen issue we've seen here is purely
caused by RPCemu requiring the cpu_type to be set to sa110 (rather than
the default of arm610) when running RISC OS 3.7.

IIRC, what RISC OS is doing at "blue screen" time is a memory check.

Ah, here's the "full story":
http://acorn.riscos.com/documents/appnotes/216-230/225.ps

TTFN,
Adny
Erst wenn die Wolken schlafengehn	 | Personal: adny at verelanthe.co.uk
kann man uns am Himmel sehn		 | Techie: musus at verelanthe.co.uk
wir haben Angst und sind allein		 | WWW: verelanthe.co.uk/musus/
Gott weiss ich will kein Engel sein!	 | UT: adny.rsa at googlemail.com
-- Rammstein / Engel