[Rpcemu] Good rom-3.70, no startup errors BUT still no menu

Musus Umbra musus at verelanthe.co.uk
Mon Mar 22 17:27:35 PDT 2010

On Monday 22 Mar 2010, David wrote:
> Note: I DID tap left Ctrl & nowt happened!

I'm going to have a guess here... but...  Actually, was the position of
the pointer highlighted when you pressed Ctrl ?

[snippy snip]
> 'control|shift|end' keycode  37 = Control_L NoSymbol Control_L
> NoSymbol Control_L keycode

That's what that should read, so there's no problem with your Ctrl key
being set up properly.

But... I suspect that Ralph is 'on the money' with the idea that
something is grabbing the Ctrl key, which got me thinking about what
that might be.  Various 'accessibility' features tend to trigger off the
modifier keys, Ctrl in particular so that seems to be a good place to
start looking.

There's an option "Show position of pointer when the Control key is
pressed" in the "General" pane of the Mouse Accessibility options in
GNOME that causes the Ctrl key to behave as you're describing...  do
animated circles appear around the mouse pointer when you press the Ctrl
key by any chance? ;)

TTFN,
Adny

Erst wenn die Wolken schlafengehn	 | Personal: adny at verelanthe.co.uk
kann man uns am Himmel sehn		 | Techie: musus at verelanthe.co.uk
wir haben Angst und sind allein		 | WWW: verelanthe.co.uk/musus/
Gott weiss ich will kein Engel sein!	 | UT: adny.rsa at googlemail.com
-- Rammstein / Engel