[Rpcemu] Space issue

Chris Wraight cdwraight at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Oct 5 06:46:26 PDT 2010

I've been using RPCEmu for a few days, and I'm hugely impressed. It's fast, easy
to use, and so far seems to be pretty reliable. Using ArtWorks 2, EasiWriter and
a collection of free utilities has been mostly problem-free. When I've got some
more time I'll try to get networking functional and test out some more apps.
Thanks again to all the developers for their much-appreciated work.

One oddity I've noticed is that filenames with spaces in them are automatically
renamed, with the space character being replaced with %A0 (so 'File Name'
becomes 'File%A0Name'. This seems to be the case with files imported from my old
system as well as new ones created in RPCEmu. I've tried using Alt+Space to
create hard spaces, as I used to do on older versions of RISC OS, but the %A0
sequence is still added.

This is a minor issue, and easy to work around, but is it a known bug in RPCEmu?
Or a problem with the IOMD build of the OS?

Using 0.8.8 on Mac OS 10.6.4, running OS 5.17 (Jan 2010).

Cheers,
Chris