[Rpcemu] RPCEmu 0.8.8 and timing

Timmermans, Andre andre.timmermans at siemens.com
Mon Oct 11 00:30:44 PDT 2010

Hi,

having received a new fast portable from my employer, I thought I could give RPCEmu a try.
The machine works under Windows XP SP3 and I used the RISC OS 4.02 roms.

It works fine for the few trials I have made, except for the stuttering sound which is a documented problem,
but I noticed an oddity when I tried to test it's speed with KinoAmp (with option to play sound disabled).
The replay of even light files which work at full speed under my RPC are replayed too slowly
at +- 65% of their normal speed. I thought it could be a problem with the timer module
which makes use of the IOC timer 1, but the problem remains even when using KinoAmp with the --ostimer option
to use SWI OS_ReadMonotonicTime for its timings.

So it's seems that there is some problems with timer emulation.

Kind Regards,
André Timmermans