[Rpcemu] RPCEmu 0.8.8 quirks

David Pitt pittdj at pittdj.co.uk
Tue Oct 12 00:11:13 PDT 2010

Matthew Howkins <rpcemu-list at howkins.me.uk> wrote:

> > - Possibly relatedly, trying to take a snapshot of the screen in Paint
> > hangs the machine. After opening the Snapshot dialogue box and setting
> > the options, clicking OK will produce a modified pointer with a camera
> > icon. The pointer will move around fine, but no mouse-clicks are
> > registered.
>
> Please provide a copy of the rpclog.txt that is generated, and then I will
> see if I can reproduce these problems.

Referring to Paint's snapshot the issue is different on a Mac and on
Windows. In both cases I am running OS4.04 on 0.8.8 recompiler emulating an
SA110. The rpclogs do not look too helpful.

On Windows7 the snapshot icon does not appear and a save box pops up
immediately.

RPCEmu 0.8.8 [DYNAREC NO_DEBUG]
Build: 32-bit binary
Compiler: GCC version 3.4.5 (mingw-vista special r3)
OS: Microsoft Windows
OS: PlatformId = 2
OS: MajorVersion = 6
OS: MinorVersion = 1
OS: ProductType = 1
OS: SuiteMask = 0x300
OS: ServicePackMajor = 0
OS: ServicePackMinor = 0
OS: ProcessorArchitecture = 0
OS: SystemMetricsServerR2 = 0
OS: ProductInfoType = 3
Allegro version ID: Allegro 4.2.2, MinGW32
Host Colour Depth: 32
loadconfig: network_type = "off"
loadconfig: vram_size = "2"
loadconfig: cpu_type = "SA110"
loadconfig: mouse_following = "1"
loadconfig: cdrom_type = "0"
loadconfig: cdrom_enabled = "0"
loadconfig: blit_optimisation = "0"
loadconfig: refresh_rate = "60"
loadconfig: stretch_mode = "0"
loadconfig: sound_enabled = "1"
loadconfig: mem_size = "128"
initpodulerom: Successfully loaded 'hostfs,ffa' into podulerom
initpodulerom: Successfully loaded 'hostfsfiler,ffa' into podulerom
initpodulerom: Successfully loaded 'SyncClock,ffa' into podulerom
HostFS: Registration request version 1 accepted

On Mac OS X 10.6.4 the snapshot icon does appear but all subsequent mouse
clicks are swallowed, alt-F15 is then needed to force quit !Paint.

RPCEmu 0.8.8-devel [DYNAREC NO_DEBUG]
Build: 32-bit binary
Compiler: GCC version 4.2.1 (Apple Inc. build 5664)
OS: SysName = Darwin
OS: Release = 10.4.0
OS: Version = Darwin Kernel Version 10.4.0: Fri Apr 23 18:28:53 PDT 2010;
root:xnu-1504.7.4~1/RELEASE_I386
OS: Machine = i386
Allegro version ID: Allegro 4.4.1, MacOS X
Host Colour Depth: 32
loadconfig: ipaddress = "172.31.0.1"
loadconfig: network_type = "iptunnelling"
loadconfig: mouse_following = "1"
loadconfig: cdrom_type = "0"
loadconfig: cdrom_enabled = "1"
loadconfig: blit_optimisation = "0"