[Rpcemu] Ubuntu 11.04

Ned Abell nedabell at weatherpost.org.uk
Fri Jun 10 00:56:58 PDT 2011

On 09 Jun, Dave Symes <dave at triffid.co.uk> wrote:
> Yesterday I got around to updating my Ubuntu 10.10 to
> 11.04, and my oh my what a heap of brown stuff that
> created. Anyway, now recovered and sorted...

> I have RPCEmu installed on Ubuntu and it was working,
> however since the 10.10 to 11.04 debacle, all the RPCEmu
> files are still installed on ubu but it won't run.

> So a couple of questions, please.

> 1) Considering it's all still there, is it repairable?

> Or...

> 2) Will I have to do a complete reinstall of RPCEmu?

Im running 11.04 and Rpcemu 0.8.8 without problems.
It might be that one of the dependancies has been removed
because its been superceeded.

Fir up Synaptic and look for "gcc" "liballegro4.2" and
"libpthread-stubs0"

The other way would indeed be to do a reinstall in a different
directory which will show up any missing dependancies.
HTH

--
besters..
	  Ned